Albanian Banking Association (AAB) publishes the Annual Report for 2020. This publication presents an overview of the main achievements of the activity of AAB during 2020.
Highlights of the AAB activities in 2020:
• The new AAB Statute, which was adopted in accordance with the modern and best standards on structural organization, and pursuant to AAB mission and activity.
• Presentation of findings – The 2nd part of the study “Customer confidence and perception in banks and the banking sector”.
• Traditional trainings delivered online – During the year, 19 trainings (on-site and online) were organized with the attendance of 275 member bank employees. The virtual international classes provided by the House of Trainings were attended by 300 bank employees from Albania, respectively 58 trainings.
• Supporting banks during the pandemic emergency and lockdown with assistance in different operational issues (specifically, with movement permission, media coverage, online services, etc.).
• Two draft state loan guaranties, the draft law on fiscal and penal amnesty, three laws of the Albanian Financial Supervisory Authority (AFSA), and the draft law on central register of banks accounts.
• Four draft bylaws issued by the Ministry of Finance and Economy, an amendment to the instruction “On tax procedures”, one draft regulation issued by Ministry of Justice and two draft regulations issued by AFSA.
• Communication with different institutions – Parliamentary Commission for Economy and Finance, Ministry of Finance and Economy, Bank of Albania, Albanian Financial Supervisory Authority, General Directorate of Taxation, National Information Society Agency (AKShI), State Cadastre Agency (AShK), IMF, EU Delegation, EBF, BACEE and other banks associations of neighbour countries.
• Follow-up in cooperation with the General Directorate of Taxation on the implementation of two projects: Common Reporting Standards (operational from November 15th) and Fiscalization Project (the first phase of the project starts on January 1st, 2021).
• In cooperation with Mastercard, an awareness raising campaigns on the use of cards were organized
This publication provides detailed information on the activity of AAB.
Read the report