About the conference
The conference will be organized by the Albanian Association of Banks. It will ensure the participation of actors with direct, hands-on experience and will therefore make a contribution to fostering dialogue between industry and policy-makers to understand the challenges that Albanian banking and financial system faces towards further development and economic growth.
While credit growth in Albania remains weak, on account of both subdued credit demand and tight credit supply its all parties mission to improve the credit environment and reviving credit growth in the future. Concretely, a successful outcome can only reflect determined action from all the stakeholders. The high representative’s contribution and international and local expertise, part of our sessions, will bring an added value to the activity.
High-level speakers from Ministry of Finance and Economy, Ministry of Infrastructure and Energy, Ministry of Justice, Bank of Albania, World Bank, EBRD, EIB, Finance in Motion GmbH (Advisor to EFSE), McKinsey, banks, etc. View Speakers
The conference attendants should include bankers, central bankers, ministries, academia, researchers, state institutions high representatives, international representative bodies (World Bank, IMF, EBRD, etc.) and other local participants from governmental agencies of relevance, persons of influence, analysts, and media.
The Conference is sponsored by EFSE Development Facility (EFSE DF).
- Contribution of Banks in the Economy_A global Overview_by Mr. Mike Edwards, World Bank
- Role and Contribution of Banks in the Region_ Comparison to Albanian Banking Sector, Mr. Dejan Vasiljev, EBRD
- Short term VS long-term growth _A macro 5-year overview, Mr. Erald Themeli, Bank of Albania
- Banks for Growth Albania-PPP Experience of Turkey-CR
- The Future of Banking_Mr. Alin Dumitrescu-Dragan, Project Manager, McKinsey & Company